Saturday, December 24, 2011

So this is Christmas...

Though at times it doesn't feel like it, the date on the calendar says it's that time of year again. A time for getting together with family and friends and sharing memories that last a lifetime. A time for giving gifts to those you care about and receiving them as well. A time for forgetting what's truly important.


Wait...what was that last one again?


Yeah, you read it right. People forget things all year 'round, but this time is more serious than any other. People often forget why they're celebrating in the first place. And if you still don't realize where this is going, you should look Christmas up on Wikipedia to see where it came from. Come back when you're done, k?


Now those of us on the same page know that I'm talking about the birth of Jesus. I'm sure your first instinct here is to either agree with me wholeheartedly or scoff at my belief and trudge away to another corner of the Internet. If you're one of the scoffers, just hear me out. This isn't a post to try and force my beliefs down other people's throats. People like that annoy me about as much as they do you. No, this is just me sharing my thoughts on what the season is and should be all about.


The whole holiday started because of the birth of one person. If that doesn't tell you he's important, I don't know what would. I'm not asking you to change the way you believe just because I said so. Just keep in mind that if it weren't for Jesus, Christmas wouldn't exist. You really can't help but acknowledge the fact that he's a pretty important guy.


I won't respond to any arguments. Those are pointless and never accomplish anything. But if you wanna talk more about what I believe, feel free to contact me about it.


Have a Merry Christmas!